This national association offers invaluable support and advice for careers and transition educators—both new and not so new to Careers and Transition.
The current National Executive Committee is based in Auckland
Leigh Gray, previously from Nelson College is the Kaiārahi of CATE, NZ. This is a contracted position through the Ministry of Education Network of Expertise.
This role and the Networks of Expertise aim to:
- Identify PLD topics & opportunities and design and deliver workshops / webinars that address these.
- Provide up to date best practice subject information and research to teachers that supports national curriculum guidelines.
- Provide advice and guidance around pedagogy, curriculum and assessment through face-to-face meetings or by email and phone.
Please feel free to contact Leigh if you have any queries or would like assistance in your role.
Life Members of CATE NZ
- Keith Thompson – Canterbury
- Alice Baird – Otago
- Maggie Hames – Auckland
- Sheryl Hewitson – Waiariki
- Lynn Gillespie – Waiariki
- Pam Murray - Manawatu Wanganui Horowhenua
- Jane Thomas – Waikato
Lyn House – Wellington
Liz Gray – Wellington
Dorothy McKay – Manawatu
Bill Thomas – Marlborough
Adrienne Davies – Auckland
CATE Executive meeting dates for 2023