This national association offers invaluable support and advice for careers and transition educators – both new and not so new to Careers and Transition.
The current National Executive Committee is based in Taranaki/Manawatu.
Leigh Gray from Nelson College is our newly appointed Kaiārahi. A seconded position of up to 2 years to deliver the KPI's of the Networks of Expertise.
This role and the Networks of Expertise aim to:
- Identify PLD topics & opportunities and design and deliver workshops / webinars that address these.
- Provide up to date best practice subject information and research to teachers that supports national curriculum guidelines.
- Provide advice and guidance around pedagogy, curriculum and assessment through face-to-face meetings or by email and phone.
- Manage the CATE NZ website updating members on current research and development in career education and developing resources for practitioners.
Please feel free to contact Leigh if you have any queries or would like assistance in your role.
Life Members of CATE NZ
- Keith Thompson – Canterbury
- Alice Baird – Otago
- Maggie Hames – Auckland
- Sheryl Hewitson – Waiariki
- Lynn Gillespie – Waiariki
- Pam Murray - Manawatu Wanganui Horowhenua
- Jane Thomas – Waikato
Lyn House – Wellington
Liz Gray – Wellington
Dorothy McKay – Manawatu
Bill Thomas – Marlborough
Adrienne Davies – Auckland