CATE NZ President (2022-2024)
Craig Dyason Albany Senior High School
The President's role and responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership to the Association through the National Executive and the Executive Officers.
- Ensure the efficient organisation of the Association is run in such a way that the purpose outlined in the Constitution is progressed each year.
- Set dates and location of the Executive Officers’ meetings and AGM.
- Facilitate/Chair National Executive meetings, Executive Officers’ meetings and the AGM.
- Ensure core issues facing the Association are addressed, presented and followed up on.
- Manage and oversee the interface between the Association and the public/professional liaison agencies.
- Act as the principal representative and official spokesperson of the Association to promote its goals, objectives and activities.
- Working with the members of the National Executive and the Association to set purpose and vision for the year and to ensure they are met.
Craig is always interested to hear from members of CATE.
- Kaiārahi Newsletter September 2022
- Kaiārahi Newsletter August 2022
- Kaiārahi Newsletter July 2022
- Kaiārahi Newsletter June 2022
- Kaiārahi Newsletter May 2022
- Kaiārahi Newsletter April 2022
- Kaiārahi Newsletter March 2022
- Kaiārahi Newsletter February #2 2022
- Kaiārahi Newsletter February 2022
Leigh Gray from Nelson College is the Kaiārahi of CATE NZ. A seconded position of up to 2 years to deliver the KPI's of the Networks of Expertise.
This role and the Networks of Expertise aim to:
- Identify PLD topics & opportunities and design and deliver workshops / webinars that address these.
- Provide up to date best practice subject information and research to teachers that supports national curriculum guidelines.
- Provide advice and guidance around pedagogy, curriculum and assessment through face-to-face meetings or by email and phone.
- Manage the CATE NZ website updating members on current research and development in career education and developing resources for practitioners.
Please feel free to contact Leigh if you have any queries or would like assistance in your role.